Restructuring techbase and userbase

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 15:55:59 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 January 2009 15:06:59 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I'm not proposing to change techbase or to move lots of content. All the
> > stuff outside of the Projects/ space is perfectly fine and goes very well
> > along with the original goal of techbase.
> >
> > The focus would be very clear. Techbase for polished high-quality
> > technical information for external people, communitybase for community
> > internal information.
>
> OK so.
>
> Maybe we can grab an hour to talk about it a bit this weekend, and look at
> what parts do and don't need to be moved etc.
>
> All the best,
>
> Steve.

Before we leave the discussion (and so that I better understand when we talk
again) may I ask a question that has been bothering me for a while?

I was once asked why there wasn't more structure in userbase - implying that
it was bad practice to have so many pages at top level.  Are there issues here
that need addressing?  For instance, are there limits to the number of pages
in a single level?  Any other technical issues that we need to consider?

Anne