http://worldwide.kde.org/

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Dec 13 21:40:08 UTC 2008

On Saturday 13 December 2008 22:26:39 Christoph wrote:

> Which format would you prefer ?

I would like to make an aternative suggestion:

We could host the data on opendesktop.org. There you can already enter
coordinates. Then we would only need a list of opendesktop.org user ids, from
which we could generate the map and whatever other formats we would like to
have like KML. Even the list of users could be maintained on opendesktop.org,
for example as a special "KDE Worldwide" group.

The data is accessible through the Open Collaboration Services API, so we can
easily make use of it.

This way we would not have to invent another format, people would have a nice
web UI to edit their data, and we would make use of the data which already is
there.