Problems with Konqueror and squid ?

Christof Schiller Christof.Schiller at t-online.de
Sat May 10 14:32:00 UTC 2003

Dear Konqueror Team,

I am using several Computers:

One ( running under SuseLinux 8 ) is the main server running squid to
access the internet.

On the second computer SuseLinuxs 8 is running too. From this computer I
try to access the internet with Konqueror via the proxy, but it does not
work. With netscape it is working. I think the settings of the IP (
192.168.0.1 => is the computer running squid  ) and Port 3128 ( default
for squid ) are correct. Named is also working. From the other clients -
computers ( working with Windows 98 ) access via Explorer working is
fine also.

On the first computer Konqueror ist working, but I guess it does not use
the proxy. ( with the same settings )
Are there any known problems with konqueror ( Konqueror 3.0.0 & KDE
3.0.0 ) to access a proxy ?

regards

Christof Schiller