[kde-promo] promo.kde.org

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Tue Mar 25 09:00:29 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 March 2003 21:09, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is currently being hosted on one of my servers.  I am happy to send the

Thank you Andreas for having hosted promo.kde.org so far.

> files to whoever has a new home for them; it will take some work to get
> them functioning but it should not be too bad.  I suggest you coordiate
> with the new KDE League reps.

I don't think, this is the job of the KDE League reps. So far the content of
all our KDE domains is created and maintained by contributors of the KDE
project and are open for everyone to work on them (after being added to the
ACL list in CVS). I think it should stay like this.

As for the content on promo.kde.org, the most valuable part is the list of
KDE2 and KDE 3 systems and the feature guide. IMHO they should be moved to
the main pages www.kde.org so that they accompany the screenshots and the
announcements. There also was a list of distributions on www.kde.org who ship
KDE, I cannot find it right now.

In any case it would be great to have promo.kde.org in CVS as other KDE
domains.

Greetings,
eva