A couple of notes

Mat Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Thu Mar 13 00:32:27 UTC 2003

Am Mittwoch, 12. März 2003 20:05 schrieb Olaf Jan Schmidt:

> [Mat Colton]
>
> > This will not work for screen readers using IE AFAIK.

Just a short note: AFAIK no browser really uses the CSS media:aural stuff.

> It was mainly meant for text browsers. I am not sure screen readers should
> really read these links.

Oh, it would be just fine. Normally I insert a "jump to content" at the
beginning of the page for text, screen and braille browsers (mostly IE with
screen reader and braille backends). At the end of the content (not page) I
include a link to page top, navigation and content begin. Again, nice for
text, screen and braille browsers.

> > Might want to try
> > setting the CSS to "position: absolute; left: -40em; top: 0;" which
> > works for them and tty media as well.
>
> Is there a guarantee that this will be rendered correctly on all browsers?

As long as CSS is enabled? Yes, even on old evil NS4 or IE 4, even IE 4.5 on
Mac. No scrollbar or anything.
--
Bye,
Mat