Help with kde.org/fr web structure

Serge Tellène sergio at tellene.org
Sun Mar 9 23:12:08 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am in the process of making the french web site (http://www.kde.org/fr/) a
facelift with the new design (looks really great to me, BTW).

I decided to mimic every directory structure, as usual, so I created the
/fr/media/includes/classes/ directory with all the necessary translated
includes, and am for now playing with two pages : /fr/index.php and
/fr/download/index.php.

Here's my problem : it seems that the 'include_path' directive in the php.ini
file on kde.org is causing me trouble. More specifically : the good
"header.inc" is used ("/fr/media/includes/header.inc") but that file contains
the statement : "include_once ("functions.inc");" and that does not give me
the result I would expect : it causes the  english "functions.inc" to be
included (the one in "/media/includes/"), not the french one I put in the same
directory ("/fr/media/includes/) !

Would by any chance '.' come after 'local/www/media/includes' in the
include_path directive of kde.org's php.ini ?

If you want to check it out visually : on the french home page, the very first
word written on the page is "Location:". This string should appear translated,
because it was translated in the file
"/fr/media/includes/classes/class_menu.inc", which is included from
"/fr/media/includes/classes/functions.inc".

Thanks for your help,

PS: if you foresee other difficulties given the new site structure, or would
have me use another directory structure for the french translated site, don't
hesitate to include comments on those issues as well. Thanks !

Sergio.

---
There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule