Slight change to the way $site_title works

Jason Bainbridge jaseone at myrealbox.com
Sun Mar 2 05:44:30 UTC 2003

On Sunday 02 March 2003 06:28, Chris Howells wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 01 March 2003 21:04, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > k, but please make a check if $page_title is set and if not don't print
> > the <h1></h1> or the "-" in the title, that will make it save for any
> > page not using that var atm.
>
> I thought of doing that originally. I then thought "why?". It improves
> consistency immeasurably if it is set, so I don't see why it shouldn't be
> required -- after all it's required to make sure header.inc is included, so
> why not require an extra variable to be set as well?

I got around this problem by having a usability.inc that sets the main title
and then on every page I just set $site_title = $site_title." - Page title";,
so if the new variable is required it will mean I have to re-do all the
pages, especially with the <h1> stuff.

It would be appreciated if you could make it optional for now to save re-work
when time could be better spent elsewhere ATM, it's a good idea though and I
would like to see all pages follow the idea but lets not add to our troubles
by making it compulsory just yet. :)

Jason Bainbridge				|	KDE - Conquer Your Desktop
Maintainer - http://usability.kde.org	|	webmaster at usability.kde.org
Co-Maintainer - http://kde.org		|	webmaster at kde.org