Support KDE page

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Thu Jun 5 13:37:14 UTC 2003

Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> I think your new page should be moved to http://www.kde.org/support/, with
> the paypal page becoming a sub-page.

Ok.

> I would also like to suggest some small layout improvements:
> 1. The xhtml won't validate if you have several quicklinks-sections, but
> you can add one big quicklinks-section on top of the page, as described
> in http://www.kde.org/media/readme.php#headlines
> (See http://www.kde.org/download/distributions.php for an example how it
> should look like.)

Ok, this actually looks like a great improvement anyway, so just implement it.
=)

> 2. For external links, use a simple list. It is confusing to have links to
> other pages in a quicklinks-section, which should only contain
> page-internal links.

Ok.

> 3. Remove the <hr /> tags to make it look consistent with other KDE pages.

I added those since I found no other way to better split those main groups
visually.

> Content-wise, I can't think of any improvements.

Include Mark's wordsmithing at
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-promo&m=105475206427477

I'll probably suggest further sections for inclusion as soon as they are
actually existing and working (stuff like group creating changelog using KDE
CVS ML, bug squadron for closing useless and duplicate bugs etc.)

> Do you wish me to commit
> your page to the web site (including the suggested layout fixes)?

Sure, just go ahead. This way I don't need to bug someone else to do just that
anymore, great. ;) Be sure to remove the base href string and clean up all
respective anchor links. Thanks. =)

Cheers, Datschge