[kde-promo] Support KDE page

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 17:58:04 UTC 2003

Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> Wow, really great!  Where do you see this ending up--somewhere on
> www.kde.org?

It's intended to end up there, yes. I want it to be a central "all information
you need" starting point regarding the topic "supporting KDE" to which
everyone can refer others to. Right now information on "supporting KDE" is
scattered on at least four independent pages on www.kde.org, some of them
hidden away multi level deep, as well as many other KDE sites.

When it's complete I'm going to ask the i18n teams to create local
versions/translations of that page which all should be interlinked in the
end.

> I had some suggestions for tasks you could add to the promotion
> section.  Might be helpful to order them from smallest to largest
> time committment.
[snip]

I extended the section a little, but in general that what you wrote should be
available as extensive and detailed introductory text on promo.kde.org. What
I'm also missing there is a quick way to find out where in what areas KDE
promoters live. Building up something like that supporting the creation of
local KUGs (KDE User Groups) would be really great.

> typo: share informations --> share information

Fixed, thx.

> Finally, I think it would be helpful to put a link to the kde-promo
> subscription page.

It's already there (is there a better way wording a link to a mailing list
than "More information on the KDE-Promo mailing list"?).

Regards, Datschge