Including FTOSX in KDE list ...

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Tue Jun 3 20:27:14 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 02:17:57PM -0500, Andreas Pour wrote:
> AFAIK you are listed in the download section only if you have packages uploaded
> to ftp.kde.org, and you have a "packager" account.  Thus, unless a special
> exception to current procedures is made, the request would require giving
> someone an account on master.kde.org, in which case trust would be somewhat of
> an issue.

Well, perhaps Matthias gave the wrong advice and what FT Linux really needs
it to get in touch with sysadmin at office.kde.org to get a "packager" account.

As for the trust issue:

1) Who decides who we, KDE, trust? eV voting? The occasional flamewar?

2) Doesn't binarydownload.html deliberately place the trust responsibility
   in the hands of users?

> Also IMHO it would be preferable not to list FT packages for a number of
> reasons, including that I do not know a single soul who uses FT Linux.

I personally do not know any soul who uses Red Hat (anymore), TurboLinux or
VectorLinux. So that's not a very stong argument.

If you have a number of reasons, please elaborate.. I don't feel like
guessing today.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."