[Sysadmin] Sending auto-response when people mail webmaster at kde.org

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Jul 4 20:47:36 UTC 2003

On Fre, 04 Jul 2003, Chris Howells wrote:

> we couldn't help them with their HP printer. I would be incredibly greatful
> if an auto-reply could be set so that anybody mailing webmaster at kde.org would
> be given useful information. This would save me a vast amount of time.

mailman does not support setting autoresponses conditionally (i.e. to people
not subscribed to the list). Therefore we'd have to create another
mailinglist for webmaster@ and subscribe kde-www there.

A simpler solution would be to configure the default text of the "reject"
item in the kde-www admin box to the text you wanted. then you can select
reject for idiots and discard for spammers (and accept for all others :) ).

--
Dirk