[Sysadmin] Re: enterprise.kde.org

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sat Jan 18 14:32:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> > As there are no backups and bero does not intend to give us an export of the
> > one that was running on bero.org, there is no other fix other than to redo
> > the database.
>
> Are you sure?  bero, we can't get the database?

It's not a matter of intent, but there are a couple of problems with it:
- I don't have the machine anymore, parts of the hardware belonged to RH,
  and I had to return them.
- I do still have the harddisk, but it's not in any machine and it's in my
  old apartment, which is 300 km away from where I live now. Getting the
  disk is the #1 thing on my TODO list when I get to my old apartment (all
  my furniture is still there) - I didn't forget about it, I just didn't
  have the time to go there yet.
- My primary customer needs his project done by January 31, there's still
  a lot to do, and the other developer working on it is in hospital
  (skiing accident), so I have to work ~120 hours/week ATM

Since it seems to be urgent, I'll try to go grab the disk and drive back
without taking care of the other stuff needing to be picked up tonight.

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses