New colour scheme suggestion

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 4 18:03:48 UTC 2003

Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> wrote:
> [Navindra Umanee]
> > Btw, is it just me who thinks those silly humongous comboboxes are
>
> The comboboxes are rather standard size that "humongous", but we could
> maybe set their size to "small" in the CSS file.

Can you move them *out of the way* instead?  Look at
http://usability.kde.org/newdesign/indexl.php for an example of a
brilliant solution.

> > ABSOLUTELY HORRID and ruin the page?
>
> I don't feel like shouting back.

Consider it to be emphasis, not shouting please.

> >  We will really not fix this?  I find that hard to believe.
>
> This is how I changed my dumb colour scheme:
>
> http://www.amen-online.de/kde-www/screenshot2.png
>
> "font-size: small" still renders well in all browsers.

I am afraid the problem remains the same.  Please look at the
usability website and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Navin.