Congratulations

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Mon Feb 3 21:19:25 UTC 2003

Hi Christoph!

I had a look at the technical side of the current
http://wwwtesting.kde.org source code, and I am very impressed with the
clean and stable solution you came up with. The source code is usable by
alternative browsers, and it works around a number of implementation bugs
in both Konqueror (sometimes wrong search box size in KDE 3.0.x) and
Netscape 4.7

- From a purely technical point of view (ignoring all colour issues), this
is the best implementation I have seen so far, as all other code designs
have small rendering problems in KDE 3.0.5a (and some other browsers).

I would like to ask those who are currently very unhappy with
wwwtesting.kde.org to keep in mind that Christoph asked for suggestions
for a new colour scheme. I am impressed by some of the colour schemes
that have been suggested on this list, and I will probably also provide a
new suggestion myself.

Christoph, is it possible to implement switching between several CSS
layouts for wwwtesting.kde.org? I think all work should be done in the
kde-www CVS module, rather then numerous patches posted to the list. Then
it would be easier to improve the different suggestions, and then pick
one based on feedback.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your improvements and suggestions for
wwwtesting.kde.org!

I am planning to do some other small changes to wwwtesting.kde.org if no
one opposes this:

1. Move impressum.php to contact/

2. Split the "Home" link in the Kate and KDE e.V. sites into "KDE Home"
and "Kate Home" resp. "KDE e.V. Home"

3. Restructure "Related links" by merging "Development" into "Develop" and
merging "Look & Feel" into "Community" (or just switching "Artists" and
"Accessibility Project")

4. Change "for Unix workstations" into "for Unix and Linux computers"
unless I get flamed for this one ;-)

5. I am also planning to implement shortcuts for browsers that support it,
but as I don't know php very well, I will need some help with this.

Olaf.

- --
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility Project
KDEAP co-maintainer, maintainer of http://accessibility.kde.org