wwwtesting: Strange forces at work?

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Sat Feb 1 21:02:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

Isn't it possible to have the header and footer depend on the browser?  I mean
make header.inc something like (the "preg" call would not some more work on the
subject):

<?php
  function useTables()
  {
    // returns true if to use tables, false for CSS support
    // make it a function so pages can use it internally as well
    return ((strpos($GLOBALS["HTTP_USER_AGENT"], "Mozilla/4.") > 0) &&
            !preg_match("@MSIE|Konq at i", $GLOBALS["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]));
  }

  if (useTables())
  {