Open Source conference

Elvis Ndlovu endlovu at uwc.ac.za
Tue Aug 5 09:21:38 UTC 2003

I am contacting you on behalf of UWC, University of the Western Cape.  As you may have heard, we are promoting open source throughout Africa and in that spirit we are hosting a conference in January 2004.

The Free Software and Open Source Foundation for Africa (FOSSFA), the African Virtual Open Initiatives and Resources (AVOIR) project at the University of the Western Cape in collaboration with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) would like to invite you to participate in this seminal event.

 The conference will address the challenges and opportunities of the creation and use of free / open source software and open content and their development potential for Africa. The conference has both strategic and practical objectives, bringing together participants from government, education, business and civil society together with the developer community.

The web address is http://idlelo.uwc.ac.za/ registration will be open from the 15th August 2003.  One of the attractions will be a hackerthon for any developer interested in participating.  As this is our first hackerthon we would appreciate any comments or ideas you might have on this subject.  If you wish to contribute any of your time helping to set this up please feel free to contact us.

I would also like to requset you to forward this e-mail to your mailing lists.

Thanks in advance
Elvis

Mr P. E. Ndlovu
Information & Communication Services
University Of Western Cape,P. Bag X17,Bellville, South Africa
Tel (021) 959 2684
Fax (021) 959 2775
E-mail: endlovu at uwc.ac.za
http://idlelo.uwc.ac.za

This email and its contents are subject to our email
legal notice which can be viewed at :
http://www.uwc.ac.za/ics/default.asp?webPageID…

Should you be unable to access the link provided,
please contact our ICS helpdesk at (021)-9592000 for
a copy of the legal notice.