Port Scanning from your IP 80.232.38.131

David Appleby dappleby at ustwo.com
Mon Apr 28 14:17:18 UTC 2003

Sir or Madam,

I have recently had problems at my home office due to flooding of packets
from I suspect an internet hacker.  After reviewing logs and watching
closely what traffic I had been receiving I noticed your web pages
IP:80.232.38.131 in my logs.  I discovered that for some odd reason that IP
was scanning on my SSH port.  I don't know that this is the cause of the
problem but it seems odd to me that a web page address would be scanning IP
addresses.

NOTE:  I am not a webmaster nor am I completely familiar with all the
methods used by hackers but apparently neither is your server as it is
obviously being used as a gateway to flood other networks.

David Appleby

Us2 - United Support Systems
2393 Dombey Road
Wilmington, DE.    19808