www.kde.org/testing update

Mat Colton mat.colton at web-xs.de
Sun Oct 27 22:43:17 UTC 2002

Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2002 22:23 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:

> On Sunday 27 October 2002 22:01, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 October 2002 11:27, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > commited some updates from root66 in the last days, more xhtml
> > > comliance, print layout, ...
> > > Werden noch einige andere Sachen folgen.
> >
> > Ahh, cool mix of languages ;)
> > i18n: other stuff will follow
>
> Next updates roled in, the testing stuff should be now fully Bobby AAA
> aproved (said root66) and some other fixes.

Errm, which is root66s design? www.kde.org/testing/,
http://www.kde.org/testing/modified/ and
http://www.kde.org/testing/modified-2/ are far from being AAA compliant or
printer optimized and http://www.kde.org/testing/modified-2/changelog.txt
says "Style sheet for printing" is a ToDo. So please give me a clue, which
design are you talking about?

IMHO kde.org should stick to the WAI thing. Bobby is nice for basic checking,
but it recommends non W3C stuff which are asked for by some organisations,
but on the other hand lacks support for non W3C stuff which is recommended by
other organisations. So before going for non standard stuff, stick to W3C.
I understand everybody would like a WAI validator in the style of the W3Cs
HTML/CSS validators, so would I. But there is none around, the task is too
complicated. Bobby has a lot of things it does not check, but are required to
be WAI compliant. So to be WAI compliant, go through the WAI checklist, don't
rely on Bobby.

I also read one of the todos is to make the site work with NS 4. What do you
mean with "work with NS4"? Should it really look good or just basically work?
The latter is possible, the first not. Well, not if you want to be W3C/WAI
compliant. I would love to be proved wrong on that account...
--
Bye,
Mat