No, not just yet! ;)

Klaus Staerk klaus.staerk at gmx.net
Wed Oct 23 16:19:28 UTC 2002

Hi Jason,

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:40, Jason Bainbridge wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:46, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> > > Yes, the plan is for all *.kde.org sites to use the same template once
> > > it has
> > > been decided upon it has also been *suggested* that using the template
> > > be a
> > > requirement to use a *.kde.org subdomain.
> >
> > So do you want to *force* all the maintainers to use the new layout? E.g.
> > korganizer.kde.org and kmail.kde.org use different layouts as kde.org -
> > and it's not sure yet if we will take the new layout and structure for
> > korganizer.kde.org. pim.kde.org on the other hand probably will use the
> > new layout and structure ...
>
> I emphasised the word *suggested* as that all it is at the moment, a
> suggestion (one not made by myself by the way), nobody has said anything
> about forcing. :-)

Ok :-) I just wanted to make clear, that some website-maintainers might still
keep their own layout - and shouldn't really be forced to use the
kde.org-layout.

Although IMHO it makes sense to "assimilate" all pages - as we are the Borg
;-) No, we aren't, but it's better to have an CI (Yes, I know, we aren't a
corporation ;-) - but the visitors of the *.kde.org-pages know then at first
glance that they are still on a KDE-page when coming from www.KDE.org to e.g.
pim.kde.org

Regards,

Klaus