More mods of root66's design online ;) - Want we now a 1 or 2 sided menu ?

argus at dds.nl argus at dds.nl
Mon Oct 21 22:39:06 UTC 2002

> > www.kde.org/testing (root66's original)
> > www.kde.org/testing/modified (changed by me + daniel, using the php include
> > in /templates + /styles)
> > www.kde.org/testing/modified-2 (datschge's changes)
> http://www.simonzone.com/software/kdegui/kde_www_design/

And of course mine:
http://huizen.dds.nl/~argus/

My choice:
- ONE integrated menu (www.kde.org and ***.kde.org sites in one
menu). If not, the two menu's MUST be restructured as they use similar
terms and wording and that's a no-no;
- One menu on the left;
- Drop the top menu as those links are already presented on another menu
in every proposal;
- Some good place for a third level navigation (idented within the menu,
perhaps, or above the current menu, or on the right in a 'Within this
section' or ... );
- A place for new apps (on the right, like in my proposal?);
- A place for events, like the LISA-button (on the right?);
- Cullman and 'his' team get my vote :-)

Oh, and we might have to come up with something to prevent the content
part to be stressed too much horizontally if a user has a big screen.
That's unreadable. This problem is even bigger in the left-only
menu-option, but we simply have to find an answer to this.

BTW, now we are moving towards content, I would like you to consider a
system that lets me, as a translator, translate pages without seeing all
the html-tags. Now I have to work around html and that's annying when
translating. I guess it is the same when writing original content. I would
prefer a system that:
- is web based and wysiwyg (take a look at xopus.org);
- saves all changes just like;
- locks pages if someone works on them;
- can work decentralized on several servers. Kind of peer2peer for
servers that automatically check with its peers to see if the content is
the same

Yeah, I really would like a content management system and I will annoy you
to death with it when it really comes up. Now I just want you to think
about it, later we argue. First we have to argue about the design :-)

Marko