How about this?

marko faas argus at dds.nl
Sun Oct 20 17:56:04 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 19:37, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Sunday October 20, 2002 10:27, marko faas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been thinking about all the usability issues here and the menu
> > structure. I have posted an alternative to get everything in one menu,
> > instead of the three that are in www.kde.org/testing, which is, imho,
> > not helping in usability.
> >
> > I just put it in the design listed on www.kde.org/testing. My version
> > can be found on:
> > http://huizen.dds.nl/~argus/
>
> Oh, goodie, another proposal!  Third or fourth options will be nice to
> have.
>
> > As you will see, I haven't altered anything about the graphic design
> > (which is great, I think), but I have done some things on the position
> > and menu structures. I have also added a couple of new features to make
> > up for some stuff I have removed.
>

> Well, your version has some bugs inherited from Sebastian's:

<snip>

I know. Just saw the remarks about the Sebastian's site. As I am no
graphic designer, I probably wouldn't have changed many of your good
suggestions anyway. I will leave that up to Sebastian.

> but I think you made some nice improvements:
>
> - - You made a real distinction between the left and the right bars.  (Note,
> I'm still not endorsing two bars here :-)  The left bar has KDE sites, the
> right bar has non-KDE sites.

Partly yes. The applications are KDE too off course and taken from
kdeapps.org

I am not sure about two menu's too, but we need some space for the apps
and for stuff like the LISA-button. To balance between the two sides, I
invented the 'published about KDE'-links. Something else is Ok too,
because this is extra work (unless some scriptwizard can juggle with
several rss-feeds...)

Marko