My current thoughts

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Sun Oct 20 15:38:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday 20 October 2002 16:42, Neil Stevens wrote:

> By this definition any redesign would be unusable.

Yes it is, to a certain extent (like re-ordering the entries in KControl,
for example). However, the goal of the redesign is to "get it right" so
that it can be used for *years*. We have to see how other people build
their pages so that our users aren't confused too much. Having a three
column layout layout is very common, a two column layout with a menu on
the left isn't uncommon either.

BTW, the discussion portal vs. content site is useless IMHO, even Yahoo
isn't a mere portal anymore (they offer news and services).

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de