More design disscussion ;)

Klaus Staerk klaus.staerk at gmx.net
Sat Oct 19 17:45:10 UTC 2002

Hi,

On Saturday 19 October 2002 19:28, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Some people seem to want that kde.org is a portal to the real content
> holding *.kde.org/* pages, or ? Wouldn't the dual menu layout fit with that
> need very much ? In the end, the content on kde.org will be mainly, as said
> by someone before: Some announcements, some news, that was it in the end.
> You have a quick to find search function to search through kde.org and that
> was it. That the content may be a bit squeezed on little screen won't hurt
> that much for that bit of text. (And I don't see the loose of usability for
> that, as for a portal it is much nicer to have many links at once visible
> than to scroll down a lot to a least view what you search for)

Well, one thing that doesn't really convince me here is that we "jump" from a
two- or more-sided menubar to a single-sided menubar when we come from the
portal to the "real-comtent-pages". Doesn't this confuse the visitor?
(Confuse the cat! :-)

And if it should really become a portal - let us hear what Marko Faas has to
say about it - he had some good ideas about it a few weeks ago.

Regards,

Klaus

--
    |   klaus staerk   |   klaus.staerk at gmx.net   |   staerk at kde.org   |