apology

marko faas argus at dds.nl
Sat Oct 19 11:46:14 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 13:27, Klaus Staerk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 19 October 2002 12:47, Sebastian Faubel wrote:
> > > 2. We moved to a single menu, so that the user doesn't have to search
> > > toom uch to find links, and so that even on small screens there is room
> > > for the main text to be shown.
> >
> > depends. i don't think that you have to search for the links longer in
> > the two panel version than the other...as you don't have to scroll down
> > five times your monitor to find them.
>
> I also vote for a single menu - but IMHO it makes more sense to put it on the
> left side of the page - as it is now on KDE.org

I second that.

And I would really like to know if my proposal for a slightly altered
menu structure is accepted. I have posted it several times, but here it
is again:

What is KDE?
        Introducing KDE
        Documentation
        Screenshots

KDE Software
        Stable Version
        Source Code
        Konqueror browsing
        Koffice
        Multimedia
        Games
        Pim
        Kroupware
        More applications (kdeapps.org)

KDE News
        Announcements
        News

KDE Development
        Development (with also links to kdevelop, lxr and printing)
        Art
        Usability
        Applications
        Send in a Bug
        Getting Involved (I would put Open jobs in here too)

KDE Goodies
        Clipart
        KDE on CD-ROM
        Templates (kde-look.org)