kde-www module

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Wed Oct 16 20:41:05 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 22:33, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 21:22, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like that you simply be able to dumb this module to a webserver,
> > set some global vars + php include dir and that was it, seems not to work
> > atm ;((, please fix that or we will never get www mirrors fast.
>
> More notes:
> 1. no own css styles per site please, for what ?
> 2. include dir should be set to the place where the inc/, images/, styles/
> dir is located, e.g. server root, to make includes a la include
> "inc/functions.inc" possible withour dir vars
> 3. only relative links (only full links from on family page to an other
> family pages, e.g. http://usability.kde.org )

one more note: no hardcoding of stuff like http://usablity.kde.org as baseref,
as that will break the page on all mirrors, to include common stuff out of
/images or /styles just assume that it is located in the server root, that
should be easy to accomplish.

One thing that is a problem is the start dir of the menu.inc stuff, hardcode
there any documentroot stuff in the subpages is bad, as breaks mirroring,
too. perhaps use relative dirs there, too.

(which means you say every getMenu call how much dirs he might climb up in the
hierarchy)

At all, I want to get rid of any hardcoded url, dir, ...

What should be needed to set up a mirror/local copy of whole kde-www module:

1.) check out kde-www
2.) let server root of your (virtual) server point to kde-www root
3.) set php include path to kde-www root
4.) THAT WAS IT !!!!!

Each step more is:
a) wrong design
b) TOO MUCH
c) or simply: trash (that's hard, but as it is a redesign from scratch, that's
true)

If we design that whole stuff from scratch at least that should be possible,
or does kdebase need to be located in /usr/src/kde3.2/.... to be compiled ?

again cu :)
Christoph

> > cu
> > Christoph