screenshot of usabilitykde.org using new design

Jason Bainbridge JaseOne at myrealbox.com
Mon Oct 14 03:02:29 UTC 2002

First forgive me for not going through and addressing quotes through the email, I'm at work and using web mail and it's just too much trouble.

I will experiment with merging the two menu's together as you suggested sometime tonight, although don't you think it is more natural for them to be on the left? Although come to think of it, it would probably be more usable to have them on the right as the user's mouse is more likely to rest their due to scrolling.

I can see your point now in that a user won't know or shouldn't even need to know the difference between the purposes of the two current menu's. In your prototype do you see the 'KDE Facts' being where each site specific menu will go?

What I will try tonight is adding a 'Usability' entry on top of the menu on the right, adding the links on the left to it (all within the same area and not broken up like they are now) and removing the left menu all together.

I haven't really gone through the categorising of the family links yet, I just ripped that out of the kde.org/testing proposal, I'll make the changes you suggested in this regard and a few others as I see fit tonight.

Is there any other suggestions or comments you have?

Regards,
Jason