[RFC]: Downtime of serveral KDE sites

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Fri Oct 4 17:11:40 UTC 2002

Martin Konold wrote:

> On Friday 04 October 2002 05:47 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > They aren't KDE sites, though.  kde.com (including apps.kde.com) is a
> > MieTerra service, not a part of KDE.  kdeleague.org is a entity that's
> > supposed to be separate.
> >
> > I mailed Andreas for the code and the database of apps.kde.com, but he said
> > they'd be back by now.  The sites are recovering from a hardware loss.

Hi,

Actually a series of hardware losses, first a harddrive, then a memory module,
now it looks like the mobo failed.  Damn!

Plus an OS upgrade, with the need to recompile a lot of custom software and
update tons of config files.  It's really quite a large project, complicated by
the fact that hardware keeps failing (and for 4 years nothing failed, all of a
sudden . . . .).  And then Neil keeps distracting me with political debates on
kde-cafe ;-).

> I am convident that Andreas can provide us with a date and time when appsy and
> the other sites will be back online.

Currently I am trying to get the mobo fixed, if not I will need to replace it.
I'm quite sure $1,000 could fix all the problems . . . . Maybe the KDE League
could help since the site runs on there too ;-) . . . .

> Please do not underestimate the effort which has been put into appsy.

Thanks for the appreciation :-).

Ciao,

Dre