Impressions of KDE (screenshots overhaul)

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Tue May 7 16:39:26 UTC 2002

The past weeks I have been thinking about overhauling the KDE screenshots
pages, and I had the following in mind: "Impressions of KDE". A more generic
way of showing KDE to our audience.

This section would consist of several items, which I will describe here:

Screenshots
===========

Old versions
------------

We'd keep some screenshots of older KDE versions, but not all. It is nice to
show the evolution of KDE from beta to 1.x to 2.0 to 2.2.2, but I don't
think screenshots from years ago mentioning kpanel, kfm, KIllustrator should
be displayed in the same context as the up-to-date product shots.

We could make this a seperate section, focussing on nostalgia and evolution
of KDE.

Latest KDE version
------------------

The latest shots, like we have now, although I'd like to make three
sections: one showing functionality in the default look, one showing
themeability and cool GUI looks and one for specific stuff like KDE print
and specific applications.

Demo software
=============

Statically compiled Konq/E for download, so people can try out the latest
KHTML and/or test their render bugs with it.

Desktop video

I'm currently looking for software which can grab my desktop continously so
I can encode it back to a video format and have a video demonstration of
KDE.

So, what do you think?

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap at capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."