Creating sysadmins.kde.org...

Andy Goossens andygoossens at pandora.be
Wed Dec 11 14:57:11 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 16:35, Chris Howells wrote:
> Ages ago I said that I would create sysadmins.kde.org but didn't really
> have enough information to create the site. I think I might have a go
> creating the site, but with the recent work on developing the new site
> structure, I'm not too sure what to do.

IMO it would be better to update the other kde.org websites first. Some are
terribly out of date, and others are broken.

promo.kde.org: out of date (last change in their TODO list was done almost 1
year ago, website talks about distributions supporting KDE 3.0.2... e.g. SuSE
8.1 isn't mentioned)
enterprise.kde.org: broken (e.g. MySQL errors)
worldwide.kde.org: where is the developer map?
printing.kde.org: "KDEPrint integration with KMenu in the up-coming KDE 3
(11/01)". Yes, it was already present in KDE 3.0 ;-)
and so on...

These were some examples that should be fixed before starting another website.
(No, I didn't had to search a long time to find those errors...)

--
// Andy Goossens

// Quote of the day:
"Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with
the ideal never goes unpunished."
-- Goethe