[Kde-women] Short introduction

Agnes Meyder agnes at meyder.eu
Sat Mar 16 15:41:36 UTC 2013

Hej everyone,

I subscribed today to this list to combine two interests of mine.
-> I like and use open source software, especially KDE, so why shouldn't
I help in its development :).
-> I am interested in the female corner of this movement in general.
Huge mailing lists can also be quite a hassle :) so instead I would like
to ask in a smaller group:

As a phd student in bioinformatics (Hamburg/ Germany) my interests are
mostly centered around machine learning and parallel programming.
I am educated in the first and would like to find a project in the
second field to rise from beginners level to .. anything better :). I
dislike GUI development but am a "resource" if somebody wants to check
her/his front end against visually impaired people because I am one.
Does anyone have an idea of a fitting KDE project for me?

Thanks for your answers!
Agnes