[Kde-women] Women/Diversity BoF

Scarlett Clark scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com
Mon Jul 1 16:32:03 UTC 2013

On Monday, July 01, 2013 06:13:57 PM Claudia Rauch wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Akademy 2013 is starting in less than 2 weeks! Who on this list would
> be interested in a Women's/Diversity/Outreach BoF? Also, please share
> your ideas on how to make the KDE community even more
> welcoming/attractive and make it more divers in general - even if you
> can't attend Akademy.

I am in the US, so Akadamy is out, I suspect. I was introduced to KDE in so
far as contributing, via the Outreach Program. Unfortunately, due to
circumstances out of my control, I was unable to participate. I am still
contributing, and it has been a pleasurable journey. So far the community
has been absolutely wonderful, very pleasant, and extremely helpful. So I
vote you continue with the OPW, even if this round is not successful. It
was behind the scenes.
Scarlett