[Kde-women] Akademy 2013

Claudia Rauch rauch at kde.org
Thu Feb 14 15:41:40 UTC 2013

Hi all,

You are probably aware of Akademy 2013 [1] in July in Bilbao, Spain.
At last year's Akademy, we had a Women's Bof. In that session, we
discussed a few ideas about how we can make KDE more attractive to
female contributors - see my mail to this list from 19 July 2012.

One of those ideas was to organise a women's get-together during
Akademy and/or plan a women's track/ conference day. Example was: the
women's miniconf during linuxconf.au.

Are people on this list interested in organising one or the other?
What are your ideas for Akademy? The local team in Bilbao also has
contacts to local female Free Software activists so we could work with
them.

Cheers,
Claudia

[1] http://akademy2013.kde.org/

--

Claudia Rauch
Business Manager

KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Berlin
(Charlottenburg), with number VR 31685 B. Its president is Cornelius
Schumacher. For more information please see http://ev.kde.org, and
http://kde.org/