[Kde-women] Feedback on Outreach Program for Women

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Apr 24 22:34:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Cottom, McMillan <tcottom at emory.edu> wrote:
> All,
>
> Leigh Honeywell forwarded me the cfp for the Outreach Program for Women. I
> was immediately intrigued...and then immediately too intimidated to apply.
> With Leigh's guidance I have worked my way up to asking a few questions. She
> thinks my experience as a sociologist, corporate trainer, and writer might
> be of use to a project. I study organizations and inequality. Media
> organizations often come up in the course of my work. My immediate work is
> in higher education organizations, particularly those that operate
> for-profit and not-for-profit. In a previous life I wrote training manuals
> for a six week corporate program for Sprint. The manuals were not far off in
> style from software documentation: we had to pay attention to end-user
> experience, flow of information, and clear instructional language.
>
> So that's me, in a nutshell. Any ideas about how I might be of use as an
> applicant are appreciated.

Hey! :)

Your background definitely looks interesting and I am sure we could
find something for you.
Just as a gut feeling: What do you think you could do that might be
useful for KDE and that interests you? THat would help a lot in
helping you refine it.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE Community Working Group / KDE e.V. board member
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org