[Kde-women] Ada Lovelace Day 2012

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 06:13:40 UTC 2012

2012/8/2  <the.lady.phoenix at gmail.com>:
> I hope not G+ or anything like that.  IRC works quite well, why rock
> the boat with new and hard to use and not available to everyone stuff?

There is a number of good reasons for that. IRC does not allow the
same mean of interaction and flexibility, especially when it comes to
sharing screens or showing stuff in a whiteboard. Also, speaking in
person in much faster and allows for more detailing. Last but not
least, I don't really understand the point of availability and "new
and hard to use".

In general, G+ hangouts or $conferencesolution is what gets closer to
a real "classroom", and people were happy about it, modulo the fact of
the limit of the followers. Now that the technology has evolved I see
close to no reason for not using it.