[Kde-women] How do women become involved with free and open source software?

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axionet.com
Thu Feb 24 19:57:31 CET 2005

On the Debian Women's list, Helen's Faulkner commented that "women
follow a different route to being interested in things like Debian and
FOSS compared to the average man." I'm a writer, contributing regularly
to Newsforge, and I've already covered Debian Women, so this comment
made me curious.

Is it true? If so, what is that path? If anyone would care to comment or
share their experience, please write to me directly.

Fair warning: I am asking with the possibility of doing an article for
Newsforge. If you prefer not to have your personal experiences mentioned
in an article, then you might not want to answer.

(If anyone contacts me privately, I won't use material marked as
off-record, and I won't use your name if you ask me not to.)

Thanks,
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield