[Kde-women] webdiva : learning programing

Girard Henri henrigirard at yahoo.fr
Thu Jan 29 15:44:45 CET 2004

Hello :)
I have been a long time in your case... Wanting even to change job and working in computing... So I did it with books I baught... But at the end I got internet and learned everything with tutorials... At the age of 50y after waiting 25y I endly got the chance in France to get a training as Analyst !
But great deception : No much programming and old methods... i  found a job six years ago as analyst but I had a lot of work to train myself to a better level !!!
Now I soon in "retirement"... And just learned it won't be well paid ! As it should have been... Well doesn't matter : I just started to learn "POV-RAY" to be able to write a theory in maths and physics I am seeking for years !!!
So if you have internet and know english they are so many good tutorials than can make you a real good one, with patience and work :)
Kde-women is a good start : kdevelop will help you... I think what you have to do is in which "domain" you want to programm, and which language... c /c++, basic etc...
There is a good BASIC like visual basic on linux : http://gambas.sourceforge.net... And start ! Examples are many and working !!!
kdevelop too and kde apps... with gnome : glade (http://www.gtk.org) and follow glade links... http://anjuta.sourceforge.net an IDE ...
And if you speak french : Go to http://www.developpez.com...
You have all things from beginners to advanced programming : You can even be in a list or go in forum ... For linux you can get fedora or mandrake which are quite easy to install... And if you want more precise details, send me an email and I will see how i can help you... Communauty is a great family and when one is newbie.. (i am always newbie... lol.. Because there is so much to learn !! ) just ask for help... And be patient ! Some people are very nice other less.. But don't worry : Just tell them nicely they aren't very nice and usually they apologize !!! If there are gentleman or lady !!!
wish you good luck :)
Henri