AW: database project, Was: Re: [Kde-women] KDE Women - Introduction

Frauke Oster oster at kde.org
Thu Jan 29 15:34:29 CET 2004

Hi!

> What exactly is needed to be done? How time-consuming will it be? I
> might be able to contribute, but I need some more information!

I explained the main idea of the database in a mail some time ago. Maybe you
read this as a first step.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-women&m=106987214831803&w=2

The database should contain some tables, one for information about the task
that need to be done, one for personal information about the person who
assigned to the task and there should be a table that consists information
about the level of the task and some other details about the task.

So, what is needed to be done, is to write this database with Mysql and to
write a webinterface for the database. The webinterface should include a
search function (application, level, or something else), read through the
task description, a formula for the assignment or background questions and
so on.

If the database is ready and the webinterface, one of the guys will put the
database on our server, so the database can be used by everyone who wants to
contribute to KDE and searches a task that needs to be done.

Any volunteer for the job to write the database??

I will now go online in the IRC, if someone wants to talk about it, just
join the channel.

Cheers,
Frauke