[Kde-women] KDE women meeting

Frauke Oster oster at kde.org
Sun Nov 2 16:35:25 CET 2003

Hi!

>Well, I wouldn't place the kdewomen-workshops in parallel to the conference,
>but rather make it take place in parallel to the other workshops. During the
>hackfest of the last conferences several developer and non-developer groups
>met for workshops. E.g. there were workshops for usability, koffice, kdepim,
>etc.

Sure, but  I think there are a few women who want to participate at both
events and want to do workshops from the conference
and workshops from the kde-women meeting.

>BTW, during the conference we also had several non-developer presentations and
>- male developers don't bite (at least they never did that to me ;-).

That's true , they don't bite. I never would say that. Because I am
engaged with one,so I think I know that quite
good. But I don't  know why to make a kde-women meeting at the same time
and location as the conference, because a kde-women
meeting isn't the same as the conference. But I think we could also do a
workshop or talks at the conference too, if there is interest (also
from the site of male developers. I can say that the women I talked to
about the merging, told me that they would prefer to have a
seperated meeting. I don't know if all think like this, I just can say I
do. And that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to participate at the
conference.

>  Once you have a concept for the conference you can approach the KDE
> e.V. board
>
>at kde-ev-board at kde.org or better the membership list
>kde-ev-membership at kde.org for financial support. I cannot tell you how the
>KDE e.V. will decide, but my guess is, that we can support the conference
>itself only little. Travel costs will probably granted once - either for the
>KDE conference or the KDE-Women conference. But again - this will need to be
>discussed then.

Ok, I will mail to the kde-ev mailinglist when the concept is up.

Cheers,
Frauke