[Kde-women]Women.KDE.org

Frauke Oster frauke at frsv.de
Fri Aug 1 22:14:46 CEST 2003

Hi every woman!

I don't know all of you and not all of you know me, so I will first introduce
myself and tell you a bit about me and the goal I want to achieve.
I am Frauke (19 years old) and started working on KDE some months ago. I am
learning C++ and QT and code on Kivio and everything I find to do. I had a
look at the website women.kde.org as I started at KDE to see if there are
other women than me, who try to support KDE in every way they can.
Unfortunately the website is a bit old...I think from 2001 and that this is
very sad in my opinion. There isn't much traffic on the mailinglist for women
and in the irc channel either (at the moment I am the only woman in the
channel).

So now I want to try to get the whole women-kde-community alive again. I
would like to port the old website to the new KDE style and give it a
special feeling with the help of Katie the dragoness. I want to see the
website more up-to-date too.

Because of this goal I am writing every woman, that I found in the KDE
channels, the list of cvs accounts and on the old website. Maybe you are all
still interested in KDE or still working at it ( I hope so :) and would like
to see women.kde.org back alive too. I think it would be very wonderful to
see you all involved in KDE and maybe active in the women project.

I will start my studies at university at the end of september and want to use
the time until then to port the website. I am sure it will be a lot of work
to do so, but I am happy to do so. Moreover I would be glad, if some other
women would help me. So if you are interested in porting the site or writing
new articles, tutorials, tipps and tricks, or you have new ideas for the
site, it would be really cool if you would contact me. It would also be cool
to see all female faces from KDE on the site. Therefore I would need the
following things from all of you:

A picture, name, nickname (irc), city and country, work, hobbies and your
part in KDE. If you have questions about that, please ask me.
I think that is all for now...I just want to say that I hope we'll have a lot
of fun at women.kde.org.

If you don't want to be introduced at the website or don't want to get any
further mails, please send me a short e-mail.

Yours,

- --
Frauke Oster
KDE/Kivio Developer

frauke at frsv.de

You can also meet me on irc. My nick is frauke. You should find me on the
#kde-women channel. :)