[Kde-women]Who am I?

Eva Brucherseifer kde-women@mail.kde.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:16:06 +0100

After reading all your interesting stories, I guess it's also my turn. So for
all of you who didn't read my last introduction, here is a new one:

Well, I am german and also leave in Germany - in Darmstadt, that's close to
Frankfurt. I'm 29 and at the moment I am a PhD student at the Technical
University in Darmstadt. Before that I studied electrical engineering and
there I first met Linux and KDE :-)

In the meanwhile I have a boyfriend who is as computer addictive as I am and
we only have linux at home. We both spend a lot of our free time with KDE,
but each of us found an own corner of activity.
My stuff is mostly the event organisation, like Linuxtag and CeBIT, but also
a lot of testing, writing bug reports, administrating several mailinglists
etc. The most recent project is a new KDE domain called events.kde.org, where
I'd like to have some kind of database to organize events, where people can
register for an event and other can see who's coming. So I am going to
struggle with mySQL...

During my job I do a lot of C++ coding and I am very much interested in
software engineering with design patterns, refactoring and XProgramming.

The reason why I like linux and KDE so much is, that I can do things on my
own. I can always learn how to solve problems and if necessary I can change
the system by changing the code. That doesn't mean, that I 'm necessarily
doing it, but I appreciate the freedom very much.
So why KDE-women? It's great to know, that I am not the only (weird) one :-))

And the rest of my life... well, I don't exactly smoke, but I appreciate a
good single malt very much. Also I love italian pasta and like to experiment
on the weekends :)  Another hobby is motorbiking and reading good books (e.g.
by Marianne Fredrikson, an excellent swedish author).

Ciao,
eva

--
Dijkstra:
"Testing can prove the presence of bugs, but not their absence."