[Kde-women]Who are you?

Patricia Jung kde-women@mail.kde.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:14:40 +0100

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:30:58AM +0100, Amelie Zapf wrote:

> A 27-year-old jazz pianist / studied physical chemist / turned Perl hacker
/me shakes hand with another studied physical chemist and female pipe smoker :)
I'm Patricia (trish) from Munich, Germany, and I earn my living being an
editor with LinuxUser and Linux-Magazin, German monthlies dealing with
Linux exclusively. Though this is very much of a dream job (no Windows!),
it is extremely time consuming and frequently kills all my efforts to keep
a tiny programming project (using Qt) alive.

I have however another project going: lists.answergirl.de is a mailing list
server running Ecartis (one of the few open source projects initiated and
mainly run by a woman) that hosts a few technical and women only mailing
lists. The most prominent ones are lynn, a German (and quite lively)
mailing list for female Linuxers and Unixers, and ada, a female programmers'
list, as well German. Feel free to join us if you're interested in German
techtalk among women and still have enough bandwidth for yet another
mailing list :).  (BTW: Whoever set the link in
http://women.kde.org/projects/div/sisterpages.html -- thanks a lot :)

KDEwise I'm not so much more than a user, if it was not for professional reasons,
I'd be happy with a couple of xterms ;) And I still have this vision of
a women only software project...

Best

	Patricia