Qt5WebEngine on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Fri Feb 25 12:36:21 GMT 2022

Hi,

Am Sat, 19 Feb 2022 17:48:18 +0000
schrieb Hannah von Reth <vonreth at kde.org>:
> We are able to build x86 binaries on Mac by calling craft with the
> arch tool on the m1 mac. arch -x64 python craft.py

for the record, it's
  arch -x86_64 craft whatever

I also had to disable kshimgen, locally, using symlinks, instead
(separate mail/PR to follow; I suspect we can replace that with a more
transparent solution on Mac/Linux). That didn't seem to cause any
trouble, except for with create-dmg (easily worked around). From there,
sailing was relatively smooth, and despite the emulation, build times
looked to be around half of what can be seen on binary-factory for the
intel mac. Also, I was happy to find out that the resulting image of
rkward can run on an intel mac running Mojave (albeit not currently
usable).

Unfortunately, the qt5webengine build that worked on the M1 Mac fails
in binary-factory on the Intel Mac. Apparently a conflict with a
separate installation of protobuf, but I am presently a bit at a loss
about how to debug that.

Regards
Thomas