build issue with Tellico and msvc

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Mar 8 12:00:00 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:19 AM Johnny Jazeix <jazeix at gmail.com> wrote:

> this kind of error (missing type), often means an include is missing or
> the class/struct/enum is not found.
>
> Doesn't it miss the namespace in the .cpp file: using Tellico::Fetch or
> using namespace Tellico::Fetch?

Yes, on an individual error level, you're correct. I could fix it with a
fully-qualified class name there. And I fixed the first error I saw in the
build CI that way. But there are going to be lots of these errors since, up
until now, I thought I was writing code that followed the c++ rules for
name resolution. What I really want to figure out is why I can build
Tellico myself, with the default craft settings, without problem. I've
compared the console output and all the compiler flags seem to be the same.
The CI uses a slightly older version of MSVC 2019 but I don't think that
matters. In essence, I'm trying to understand why Tellico will build fine
with gcc and clang on Linux and BSD and with my install of craft, but just
not on the CI. What's different and how do I debug that?

Robby