KDE Windows CI

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Feb 24 22:11:54 GMT 2021

On mercredi 24 février 2021 09:51:28 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 3:03 AM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > On mardi 23 février 2021 10:42:44 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > > This sounds like it could be caused by the lack of access to the
> >
> > > session - which is what I was hoping to ensure would still happen if we
> >
> > ran
> >
> > > it as a scheduled task vs. as a Windows service (as these don't get any
> > > graphical rights at all, as they're not supposed to do anything like
> > > that
> > > anymore)
> > >
> > > Did this failure show up sometime recently, or has it always been
> >
> > failing?
> >
> > I can't remember this test ever passing on Windows, actually.
> > I'd say it's always been failing.
>
> Damn. Do we have any other tests that try to do similar things with windows
> that are also affected?
> (Just to be sure that is the issue here)

Good point.
Here's my investigation of all the tests that use qWaitForWindowExposed:

kwidgetsaddons/autotests/kpasswordlineedittest.cpp  FAIL
kwidgetsaddons/autotests/ksplittercollapserbuttontest.cpp   FAIL
kwidgetsaddons/autotests/kcolorbuttontest.cpp  FAIL
kwidgetsaddons/autotests/ktooltipwidgettest.cpp  FAIL
ktexteditor/autotests/src/kateview_test.cpp  FAIL! 'QTest::qWaitForWindowExposed(view)' returned FALSE. ()
ktexteditor/autotests/src/messagetest.cpp  FAIL! 'QTest::qWaitForWindowExposed(view)' returned FALSE. ()
kio/autotests/kfilecustomdialogtest.cpp => tests seem to be disabled completely on Windows :(
plasma-framework/autotests/iconitemtest.cpp FAIL!  'QTest::qWaitForWindowExposed(m_view)' returned FALSE. ()
plasma-framework/autotests/dialognativetest.cpp => X11 only test, not run

So, yes, qWaitForWindowExposed fails in our Windows CI, always.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5