KDE Windows CI

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Feb 23 09:42:44 GMT 2021

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:04 PM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure who can take a look at the issue below, but it's been making
> many unittests fails in the Windows CI.
>
> This very simple test for showing a window and waiting for it to be shown,
> using code that passes in the Qt autotests, fails in the kwidgetsaddons
> Windowss CI:
>
> void KColorButtonTest::testWaitForWindowExposed()
> {
>     QWindow a;
>     a.setVisible(true);
>     QVERIFY(QTest::qWaitForWindowExposed(&a));
> }
>

> https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/view/Platform%20-%20SUSEQt5.15/job/kwidgetsaddons/job/kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.15/80/testReport/junit/projectroot/autotests/kcolorbuttontest/
>
> I'm not sure what kind of setup issue might lead to this.
> The QPA debug output seems to indicate that the window is actually created
> and shown.
> Can someone with more knowledge of the KDE Windows CI setup look into this?

This sounds like it could be caused by the lack of access to the graphical
session - which is what I was hoping to ensure would still happen if we ran
it as a scheduled task vs. as a Windows service (as these don't get any
graphical rights at all, as they're not supposed to do anything like that
anymore)

Did this failure show up sometime recently, or has it always been failing?

Cheers,
Ben