SnoreToast WSL2 Bug

Jake Downs mail at jakedowns.com
Wed Nov 25 19:53:03 GMT 2020

Hello, I believe I've discovered an issue with SnoreToast when executing it
within a WSL2 context.
Specifically, if the "-p" flag is used, the notification simply says
"SnoreToast//New Notification" rather than the text sent with the "-t" and
"-m" flags

if it is executed with a WSL mounted volume (i.e. /mnt/c) it works fine
however if it is executed directly within WSL's Linux Filesystem (i.e.
/root/) the issue is exhibited.
note: dropping the "-p" flag allows the text to be rendered fine from the
linux fs

i've outlined some additional info here:
https://github.com/mikaelbr/node-notifier/issues/354#issuecomment-733912802

fwiw, I am running Ubuntu-18.04 in my WSL2 context

please let me know if there is anything I can do to help resolve this
issue, thank you

- Jake Downs