CFITSIO failure on windows

Robert Lancaster rlancaste at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 22:43:47 GMT 2020

Hi, based on the response from Johnny Jazeix, that Jasem forwarded to me (since apparently I wasn’t signed up for ode-windows and didn’t realize it), I was able to figure out this issue.

The problem is that cfitsio depends upon lib curl, and on mingw, lib curl apparently defines tbyte so there is a conflict.  If lib curl is not installed it complains about that, so I had installed it which caused the build error.  I found this online based on what Johnny said.  In there also was the solution, if zlib is installed apparently it doesn’t need lib curl.  So I removed lib curl, installed zlib and cfitsio built fine!

Thank you very much!