Building kdevelop on Windows 10 with MinGW/gcc

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 13:56:50 BST 2020

On Monday, 27 July 2020 06:20:57 CEST Russell Haley wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 8:21 PM Chris <DeveloperChris at rebel.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi I ran in to the same problem
> >
> > You need to use MSVC to build it. MingW is not supported. :(
>
> Okay, perhaps that documentation should be updated to reflect that? This is
> from the community wiki:
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/Windows
>
> "Currently, Craft supports both the MinGW and Microsoft Visual Studio
> (msvc) compiler. While MinGW can be installed by Craft, Visual Studio
> <https://www.visualstudio.com/> must be installed independently by the
> user."

Heya,

QtWebEngine cannot be built under MinGW. That does not imply that other
packages cannot be built under MinGW.

What we could do is to add a note that says "if you need QtWebEngine, please
note that MinGW is not supported <link to QTBUG>.

In fact, I just added this here:
  https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source/
Windows#Setting_up_a_compiler

Regards,