KDEConnect for Windows on Binary Factory Website

Kåre Särs kare.sars at mailbox.org
Wed Jul 15 08:41:15 BST 2020

Hi,
On tisdag 14 juli 2020 kl. 20:04:27 EEST Maya Shailagh wrote:
> Hi!
> I was looking to download KDEConnect on my Windows 10 tower, as I already
> have it on my phone and tablet, and my PC is the last device I need to
> connect in. When I go to the Binary Factory Website, I'm given a list of
> links for .zip files that I can download, which is fine, but I'm unsure if
> I need to download ALL the links, or just one of them, or which ones I DO
> need. Attached, please find a screenshot that shows which files I'm unsure
> of. Thank you!

You can install kdeconnect by only downloading and running the one .exe file.

The .sha256 files are there to make it possible to check that the download was successful.

The ...-dbg.7z contains debug symbols

The .7z is the build's install directory (that you can use without installing, but without integration to
the system)

The sideload.appx and appxupload are Windows store/UWP stuff.

/Kåre