Basic craft Mac questions

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jan 4 08:37:17 GMT 2020

Ok, some first answers to myself:

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 11:20:14 +0100
Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
wrote:
> Two basic questions on Mac:
> 1) What is the minimum version of MacOS that can reasonably be
> expected to work for using craft / binary-factory compiled packages?

The compiled packages seem to require MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) or higher.
Which is not really ideal, as the older versions still have a
significant market share.

I guess that won't be easy to fix, but let me just say that, going
forward, I hope the MacOS builder will not be upgraded until that
becomes absolutely necessary.

> 2) Is there any chance of getting signed installers on Mac? That seems
> to be the only thing missing from a really smooth installation
> experience.

I see that craft already has code for signing, but apparently it is not
(currently) used on the binary-factory. Could that be changed?

Regards
Thomas